To see all our Halloween news, visit our Halloween posts archive.
What is "Carnival of Souls?"
The Carnival of Souls is a volunteer-run home haunt in Las Cruces, NM, which entertains about 800 visitors each year on Halloween night.
To accommodate the younger demographics of our neighborhood, our haunt is aimed at younger kids. But you won't find anything "cutesy" here - we strive for a genuinely spooky, realistic experience. Just don't expect chainsaws and body parts.
History of Our Haunting
- 2002 - Strange omens of things to come
- 2003 - Our first year in New Mexico
- 2004 - Madame Sarita's debut
- 2005 - The Mausoleum appears
- 2006 - The Dark Powers arise
- 2007 - Save Madame Sarita!
- 2008 - Our first walk-through haunted house!
- 2009 - Pirates!
- 2010 - Tiki Attack!
The Magic Mirror is our signature prop. An interactive, haunted mirror talks to the trick-or-treaters.
Madame Sarita's Spirit Parlour is a black light puppet show which tells the history of the haunt.
Behind the Scenes
DIY and How-To's
- How-To: The Magic Mirror
- How-To: Crypt of the Phantasm
- How-To: Making Latex Puppet Heads
- DIY: Black Light Puppetry Shows
- DIY: Singing Busts Hack
- DIY: Spookyfire
- How-To: Tombs for Tiny Tots
- How-To: Spirits in the Trees
- How-To: Attic Apparitions
- How-To: Piratical Pumpkin